There are many informal walks through the country park and opportunities to view or photograph a wide variety of wildlife, in their natural habitats.
Northycote Farm itself is a Tudor farmhouse and is steeped in history. The farmhouse itself is not always open to the public, but throughout the year, it is opened to the public for tours and other events.
At the farm
There are many informal walks through the country park. These offer opportunities to view or photograph a wide variety of wildlife, in their natural habitats. Animals at the farm include:
- Norfolk Black Turkeys
- geese, chickens, ducks & guinea fowl
- Shropshire sheep
- Hereford Cattle
Other things to do include regular events held throughout the year, such as:
- Easter Egg Trails
- May Day Celebrations
- Town and Country Show
- Harvest Festival
- house tours run by the friends group
- Halloween Events
- Christmas Events; log dressing, wreath making and traditional Christmas Fayre's with Father Christmas
Also open for all of the farm's events are the tea rooms and picnic area and on site there are facilities for baby changing and disabled toilets.
Location and contact details
Northycote Farm and Country Park
Northycote Farm operates different open hours to the rest of the city's parks:
- Summer, daily - animal enclosures:10am to 4pm, car park: 8am to 5pm
- Winter, weekdays - animal enclosure:11am to 2pm, car park: 8am to 5pm
- Winter, weekends - animal enclosures:10am to 4pm, car park: 8am to 5pm
- Christmas Day: closed
There is free entry to the farm and country park, car park and tea rooms. However, some events may charge a small fee.